Tuesday, December 4, 2007

half-finished stuff

I can't seem to motivate to finish anything. After my burst of Ravelry-inspired knitmania, I have more unfinished stuff than ever. But at least now it's all cataloged. I figured I may as well share, even though nothing is done.


Here's a cupcake hat that I started for E. I actually got pretty far, but the "icing" part is not really poofing out the way I want, so I may have to unravel and start again. I do like the colors though. And it's hard to see, but there's little bobbles along the bottom of the pink part.



This is a scarf that I randomly decided to start the other night when I went to a knitting thing with a bunch of other moms. I didn't bring any of my other current projects (don't ask me why), just a random assortment of yarn, including some of the pretty sale yarn I got a few weeks ago, and a few books. I've never really done any cable-knitting before, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I think it actually looks really pretty. I'm thinking about making a matching hat and gifting the set to my brother's girlfriend.


Here's a an oldie. It's about 3/4 of what is someday going to be a stuffed rhinoceros. Yes, you read that right. A couple years ago, I got a book of patterns for knitted stuffed animals and I actually made a few as baby gifts. This was also supposed to be for a friend's baby (who is now almost 2 years old), but as usual, I kind of lost steam - even though I was approaching the finish. One of these days, I'll get around to making the head.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin