Saturday, March 22, 2008

C is for Cookie


I really miss doing pastry-related stuff. Lately, I've been dying to get back into cookie decorating. So I was happy when I got a chance to make these palm tree cookies for a mom-friend for her daughter's first birthday.

I'm in the process of finally using my set of Williams-Sonoma animal cookie cutters to make some cookies for a playdate I'm hosting next week too. I've got them baked but not decorated yet, so I'll post those when I'm done. Oh, and my mother-in-law and I are dying & decorating Easter eggs today too (also from a WS kit), which I've actually only ever done once in my whole life. I know it sounds nutty to have never dyed eggs, but my family never really celebrated Easter when I was growing up. The one time I did it was when I convinced my mom to buy one of those Paas kits from the grocery store and my brother and I did it on our own. Let's just say that most of the eggs turned out gray or brown.

I have to confess, it's kind of fun to have an excuse to do stuff like this, even though I'm not religious and E is really still too small to enjoy any of it just yet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin