Tuesday, August 26, 2008

More stuff for the store...

I've been wanting to put together a set of fruit, but I keep getting stalled out or distracted. But here's a pear that's going to be a part of the set (this one is smaller than the last, enormo one), along with some strawberries, and maybe one or two other fruits, if I can come up with something good. I realized it's hard to have fruits that aren't all the same shape and/or color, and aren't impossibly time-consuming to make.

The recent thing that I'm most proud of is a set of sushi pieces, currently up. It took me a while to get the sizes and such just right, but I think it looks pretty good. As realistic as you could hope for, considering that it's made of yarn.


I've also done a couple boy-ish hats in the same brimmed beanie style. Figuring out sizing has proved to be a lot more difficult than I thought. The hats have a pretty fair amount of stretch, so I'm nervous that they're going to seem too small for bigger kids, but actually be too big for smaller kids, especially in terms of the length of the crown. I've been trying them on a few different kids, trying to get a better idea, only to realize that every kid is different. So a hat might fit a very big 18-month-old, but then be too big for a 4 year-old. I'm worried this is going to turn into a nightmare of returns. *sigh*

Anyways, this hat is already up. And the one below should be up in the store soon.



Also going up soon, this pair of donuts (or doughnuts, if you prefer). And I'm currently working on more sweets - cupcakes, ice cream cones, cookies, etc. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Sarah Greenman said...

I just want to buy the brown hat from you outright! Your stuff is SO great.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin