Saturday, December 6, 2008

Shoutout for my crafty friends

I'm very lucky to have many friends who are also extremely talented in the crafty arena. I don't give them nearly enough credit for helping me come up with new project ideas, giving me tips when I'm stuck, or just generally motivating me to get some stuff done. Recently (and not-so-recently) a few of them have made stuff for me and/or E, and I thought I'd share.

This past summer, my best friend offered to make a tote bag for E for school. I was expecting your basic tote bag, maybe in a cute fabric instead of plain old canvas, but instead, I got this gorgeous bag that was lined with inside pockets and even a D-ring to clip my keys to! I was almost tempted to keep it for myself and buy E a generic tote bag. Hee. I think she's also making me a matching bag now because I liked it so much.



Oh, and this is in addition to the hats she made for me, T & E last year, when E was still a bitty baby.


I should mention, that the thing around my neck is a moebius strip that she knitted from the center out. It's super convenient because it's smaller and easier to manage than a scarf, and it's also very pretty and warm. I've been wearing it a lot lately and I get tons of compliments on it.

Most recently, my friend
Jacki made some wool longies for E out of some sweaters I gave her as part of a swap we worked out. Here's the before of the sweaters: red sweater - beforeblue sweater - before And the after:

How cute are they?!! I'll have to take another pic of her wearing them to post later. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin